A Clean Start for Clean Water
As a small business owner and property tax expert, Stella Black knows how to ask the tough questions, keep costs under control and demand full transparency. As an environmentalist, Stella will manage our water supply to ensure our region grows sustainably.
And as a mother, Stella will provide some common sense to government!
- Reduce MWRD’s property tax burden and save money by improved management of the District’s wide real estate holdings
- Establish a financial oversight committee to provide an independent examination of the way the District spends our tax dollars.
- Prevent flooding and storm water run-off through establishing regional real estate standards for new developments honoring the unique needs of all municipalities
- Introduce water re-use measures that will reduce the amount of treated water flowing back into our lakes and rivers
- Business owner in Cook County for more than 20 years
- Board Member Wetlands Research, Inc.
- Former Township Assessor in Centralia, IL
- Real Estate Broker, SRA, Appraiser
- Chair, National Association of Women Business Owners Chicago-PAC
- Advisory Board, Shedd Aquarium BOSS Council
- Member of the Sierra Club